ICQ and ISA

  • From: "Christian Villeneuve" <Christian.Villeneuve@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:29:27 -0400

I have ICQ working with being able to send messages, but every time I
try to send a chat and the person accepts it, it never initiates the
chat or the person never receives it and It gives me unable to establish
a direct connection.

I tried testing this with a workstation that I've dialed up to my ISP,
instead of going through the LAN, but I am not able to figure this out.
I tried to install the Firewall Client on my workstation, but the same
occurs. I am still unable to make a connection with the Chat program in
ICQ.
I tried creating a new Protocol Definition and used a port number
between 1024-65535. I used 1024, and used secondary connection
specifying both outbound and inbound TCP protocol types using the port
range of 1024-65535.
I am still unable to use chat in the ICQ program.
I did make sure to select the Protocol Definition that I created under
the Access policies -> Protocol rule, but to no avail.
Is there something i am missing?
ICQ support has been useless. They don't even give you any idea's at
all.
Thanks for any info.

Christian Villeneuve, MCP