ICA Client and ISA Server

  • From: Chris Lawless <ChrisL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:53:20 -0500

I've just started dabbling with ISA server so please pardon any stupid
questions. For testing I have an ISA server with a dial-up connection to the
net then I have a NIC and a PC on the internal side. I got HTTP going easily
enough, I can deny or allow it, FTP was a little trickier... darn that view
as a folder...

Now I'm looking at ICA, not too worried abour servers and all that yet but
I'd like to run an ICA client "inside" and allow it through. For my first
try I created a protocol rule to allow everythign to everywhere... no joy
for my Citrix ICA client though.

I then tried creating a protocol for Citrix ICA, specified the port as 1494
etc etc and created a rule to go with it, I even tried a packet filter.

It seems apparent that I'm missing something stupid, but is there a step by
step for something like this out there?

Chris