RE: I want to Stop Downloading

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:15:27 -0500

Hi Rehan,

Let's keep this on the list. The key is site and content rules. You must
force your clients to be Web Proxy clients, since only Web Proxy clients
support content control. HTTP uses MIME type and HTTP tunneled FTP users
file extension. The challange is that the server admin can set any MIME
type they want and if users are using warez proxy servers on their own
machines that tunnel through your port 80 to access other protocols,
you're sunk, even worse if they're tunneling through 443, in which case
you need to block the servers they're connecting to.

Bottom line.. there is no easy solution.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder