Re: I need help urgently

  • From: "Kincer, Rick" <Rick_Kincer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:50:28 -0400

I had the exact same issue, even opened a ticket with MS but no luck. I used
the IP address rather than the name till I figured it out, it has something
to do, as Jim stated, with the DNS resolution and it is done on the ISA
server. Does it work if you switch your ISA Client Configuration settings,
from within the ISA console, to the IP address? You may have to put the IP
in the FWC at the workstation for it to find it though, if not it will
continue to error out on the name.

One tip I did get was to put the name and IP address in the host file but
that is just a workaround that I'm not going to do. I have switched back to
the name a couple of times and it would last for a while and then stop
resolving. I actually found an article, printed it, never got to read it let
alone implement it and now it is buried somewhere....

I'll let you know if I find something, please do the same.

Thanks,

Rick