Howto setup a LAT DMZ

  • From: kurzundknapp@xxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:39:49 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all...

Our security concept is implemented with a PIX firewall. The device has
three interfaces named "external", "DMZ" and "internal". Since we have a whole
B-class, all adresses within our registered range are in my LAT. Works pretty
well for my web proxy clients to use the web proxy service.

Well, I want to use some more features of our ISA server than just the web
proxy service. I already installed integrated mode and physically have two
NICs on the machine. As I have been testing and clicking around I noticed that
some features (e.g. server publishing) requires "internal" and "external"
addresses.  Since our DMZ is implemented via routing (its a whole subnet of our
B-class) ISA server does not let me publish any servers because all NICs are
on the same subnet (the DMZ subnet).

Is it possible to configure ISA server to recognize our DMZ subnet as
external?

Yours,

KK