How to work Nortel Extranet Client through ISA2004.

  • From: "Jav" <jaweed.patel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 06:04:13 -0600

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a techincal problem in making a VPN connection from my company
internal network to Galileo system. I have ISA2004 installed at the edge
of my company network.

Diagram:

Internal VPN Client -----ISA Server2004------Internet(Galileo System)

I have got the below information from the Galileo system to establish a
vpn connection through firewall.

PROTOCOLS:

-TCP/IP (Protocols 6 & 4)
-UDP (Protocol 17)
-PPTP: GRE (Protocol 47 mapped to port 1723) ? Microsoft PPTP VPN ONLY
-IPSec: ESP & AH (Protocols 50 & 51) ? Nortel Extranet client ONLY.

PORTS:  (PAT-Port Address Translation is NOT permitted)

PPTP Switch:
1723 / TCP Traffic / Outbound Only  (Microsoft PPTP VPN ONLY.  Not
necessary for IPSec clients.)

IPSec Switch:
500 / UDP Traffic / Outbound & Inbound (Nortel Extranet Client ONLY.  Not
necessary for PPTP clients.   UDP Protocol 17 only on this port.)

Config Servers:
5067 / UDP Traffic / Outbound Only
5068 / UDP Traffic / Inbound Only
5069 / TCP Traffic / Inbound Only (FPM Requirement)

IP Concentrators:
2749 / TCP Traffic / Outbound Only (Galileo® system only)
2750 / TCP Traffic / Outbound Only (VTF-IP Concentrators)

Device                  Galileo® System

PPTP VPN Switch         x.galileo.com
                        12.x.x.4
IPSec VPN Switch        x.galileo.com
                        12.x.x.1
                        12.x.x.2
                        12.x.x.3

Config Servers          v.galileo.com
                        172.x.x.1
IP Concentrators        vx.galileo.com
                        172.x.x.2

They have given me two choice to establish a VPN link to Galileo system;
1) Microsoft PPTP.
2) Nortel Extranet client.

I have tried both of them by opening all necessary ports on the ISA. Can
anyone of you have workedout with similar setup.

Any reply will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

With Regards,

Jav