How to set a routing rule for ftp command?

  • From: Allen Chia 賈新興 <AllenChia@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:07:21 +0800

Dear all,

I have an urgent question on my work. I have 3 isa servers. One(A) is for
global wan usage, two(B,C) for internet usage. Now, I need connect to my
headquarters' ftp server, but my clients have to set B or C to b3 their
proxy in order to go to internet and global wan in the meanwhile. I can set
a routing rule for http request if they want to browse headquarters'
websites in order to route this request from B and C to A. However, they
have to connect to the headquarters' ftp server now, and I have also to
route this request from B and C to A. How can I do it? I have try this
function for a long time but failed. Please help me.

By the way, I have also another project that my clients need to connect to
headquarters' application servers and some web servers. In this case,
headquarter wants my clients use a specific software which has to use some
special port like 7210-7220. Moreover, when clients have downloaded this
software to execute it, it will connect to one of the headquarters' website
to get some information. So far, I can't set a successfully for this
requirement. According to my test, clients can achieve this requirement by
setting A to be their proxy. If they set B or C to be their proxy, they will
get an error message which describe that they can't connect to the
destination. All of my clients have installed firewall client and I have
also set routing rules on B and C, but still failed. I need your help. Thank
you very much.

Best Regards

Allen