How to prevent ISA to dial a DSL dial-up connection?

  • From: mm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 03:40:47 -0600

Is it possible to configure ISA in a way that it uses a DSL dial-up
connection but never attempts to dial it?

Background: Our ISP has the habit of dropping the PPPoE connection a few
times a day. I have therefore configured the dial-up connection to
automatically silently redial. However, occaisionally this conflicts with
dialling attempts made by ISA and a message box pops up saying that this
dialup connection is currently being dialed by some other process. The
outcome of all this appears to be that both ISA and the process which
redials the connection both stop and don't establish a connection and I
have to manually go in and reconnect. If I disable the automatic redialing
on the dial-up connection it works as long as there is outgoing traffic.
But at night and over weekends, if the connection drops, its not being
redialed until some outgoing traffic happens. This again means our mail
and web servers may not be reachable for many hours.

Thanks

Manuel