Re: How to improve internet speed with low bandwidt h (56K)...

  • From: "Kincer, Rick" <Rick_Kincer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:54:25 -0500

Hello,

Would this work with two ISA servers to help to balance out the cache?
Meaning by setting the "cache" setting to:

 "valid version of the object: if non exists, retrieve the request using the
route defined on the Action tab"

and the "Action" set to:

 "Routing them to a specified upstream server" that being the second ISA
server.

Wouldn't that send the URL request to the second server if the first sees
that the it did not have the URL in cache and then the second server would
be set to go directly out to the Internet if it did not have the URL. Would
this hurt performance? Seems like it would chain the cache together and grab
the URL from the second server and speed up things a bit.......

We're using Rainwall for fail-over and load balancing but I would think this
might still work.

Thanks,

Rick