Re: How to fix the 14120 Event

  • From: "Sugiyanto" <tty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 02:34:42 +0700

Yes. If connect the hub 1 and hub 2, then the ISA Server will generate a
loop back connection that causing the error.
You can try another alternative, but you have to own an Internal  DNS
server that told the client not to access Internal Web Server externally.

To do so, on the DNS server that is being used for internal name
resolution, create a host record (A record) for the fully qualified domain
name that is used by internal
users and that resolves to the internal IP address or the IP address of
the Web server on which the Web site is hosted.

Sugiyanto

8/15/01 2:39:33 AM, "Greg Foulks" <greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>http://www.ISAserver.org
>

>Well if you don't connect hub 1 with hub 2 then all the machines on hub2
>won't be able to connect to the outside world.
>
>Greg Foulks, MCP
>NewFound Technologies, Inc.
>http://www.nfti.com
>Email: greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx
>Voice: 614.318.5036

So
>I figure like this :
>
>modem - router - hub 1- nic 1(on ISA machine) - nic 2 (on ISA machine) -
>hub 2 - network.
>
>So Hub 1 must not connected to Hub 2. Because of it will create a loop
>back. That the ISA Server get the problem.
>
>Sugiyanto
>

>8/15/01 2:06:05 AM, "Greg Foulks" <greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>http://www.ISAserver.org
>>

>>Yes they are on the same hub. I have three hubs that are chained
together
>so
>>it won't do me any good to move to a different hub.
>>
>>I did anyway just to see and no it didn't fix the problem.
>>
>>Greg Foulks, MCP
>>NewFound Technologies, Inc.
>>http://www.nfti.com
>>Email: greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx