[isalist] Re: How to configure outgoing RDP Request from ISA 2004

  • From: Raj <rajkishore.upadhyay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:19:12 +0530

I will try this ...........

On 5/23/06, Thor (Hammer of God) <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The preceding instructions are for inbound, not outbound.  Raj is trying
to do outbound from the ISA Server to a remote workstation.

All that is required is an outbound rule as Greg stated— and the protocol
must be RDP (Terminal Services) not RDP (Terminal Services Server.)  That's
probably the problem.

On 5/23/06 3:39 AM, "Egyptian Mind" <innocent_angel_eng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
spoketh to all:

 http://www.ISAserver.org
<http://www.isaserver.org/>-------------------------------------------------------

completely agree

*  ** **Best Regards
  Mohamed Saleh

   Senior Network Administrator
    College of Business Administration, CBA
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Tel: +966-02-6563199 ext 2521
    Cell: - +966-50-2953591

*

*!~` **Yesterday is a History` ~!
**!~` Tomorrow is a Mystery` ~!
!~` Today is a Gift` ~!
!~` So we call it ...............` ~!
!~` Present .......Simple` ~!
*

------------------------------ From: *"Glenn P. JOHNSTON" <glenn.johnston@xxxxxxxxxxx> *Reply-To: *isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx *To: *<isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> *Subject: *[isalist] Re: How to configure outgoing RDP Request from ISA 2004 *Date: *Tue, 23 May 2006 17:26:20 +1000 *

Raj,

3 things need to be working for RDP from the internet to the server.

1. The internet router needs to forward port 3389 to the IP of the
external network card.

2. ISA needs to have a rule ALLOW for RDP, from EXTERNAL to LOCAL HOST for
ALL USERS.

and

3. remote desktop needs to be ticked in the system control panel applet.

If these 3 ducks are all lined up, then it should be working.

But echoing comments below, think long and hard about doing this before
you turn it on.

If you need remote access to your server, a better approach would be to
set it up to allow for L2TP inbound,  (or even PPTP), connect a VPN L2TP
tunnel from your notebook or desktop conected where ever to the internet and
then use RPD over the tunnel, it's a much more secure way to access the
server 'console' from the internet. Using this approach you can also access
fileshares, exchange + just about any other service / application running on
the LAN.

------------------------------
 Date: *Mon, 22 May 2006 18:02:44 +0530
*

I am making a rule to access another server from the ISA server itself. I
made the access rule in which protocol is RDP terminal service but, when I
try to connect the remote computer it fails to connect. When I moniter it
show the unidentified traffic.

Please suggest me something so that I could access the remote server from
the ISA 2004 server machine.

Thanks in advance.......

--
Rajkishore Upadhyay