Re: How to change External IP and Gateway?

  • From: "Peter Dascalos" <pdascalos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 22:09:52 -0800

Are you changing the IP address on the NIC that you are changing the Gateway on? You will need to have the same sub net so it (the NIC/Firewall) can find the Gateway/Internet. Your statement about adding the old gateway leads me to believe you are only changing the GW.

Peter Dascalos

From: "Steven Lai"
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]"
Subject: [isalist] How to change External IP and Gateway?
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 18:07:51 -0800
Hi Tom & Friends :
Hello! I will be changing ISP and IP soon! I need to change the IP and
Gateway of the ISA Server.
When I change the Gateway IP, it seems that I cannot browse the Internet. I
stop and restart the ISA services and reboot the Server too! But the
Firewall Services cannot be restarted and thus the Internet cannot be
access. If I have the old and new Gateway IP together, then it is fine. It
seems some registry have the old Gateway IP set and need to be changed
somehow??? With old IP gateway, Firewall Services can be restarted.
Anyone have any idea how to migrate to a new External IP? I have read some
of the old posting but still seems to have the problem.
Anyone out there can help? Thanks so much!
Steven
---
<< winmail.dat >>