How to block IP

  • From: "Rudman, Dmitry" <dimar@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:47:37 -0500

I am unable to block some IP's from accesing our network.  I've tried to create
an IP Packet Filter with Remote computer IP address using SMTP filter type, but
for some reason that IP is still able to access our network.  Another method
I've tried was to setup a client list that I've applied to a Protocol Rule that
Denies SMTP, SMTPS, SMTP Server and SMTPS Server to those in
the client list.  Neither one of those worked...  Can someone please help me
out with this.

(Also small note: I've tried to block my own IP address that belongs to a DSL
line that I have at home, when i do that i'm unable to telnet on port 25.
Other IP's that i block still show up in firewall logs)

TIA
Dima