Re: How to allow all in and out traffic for one internal address

  • From: "Jeff Sloan" <jsloan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISALists" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:27:09 -0600

I am told by the phone system vendor that SIP is not used in this
system.
He also told me of someone who configured his PIX to work by mapping
several internal IP's to external IP's, then configuring the ports for
those IP's only.

Here is how the system works.

When a call comes in from an outside IP phone, it communicates with the
call processor, which would be mapped from the public address to the
private.
The processor determines which internal phone the call is for, which at
this point has no IP address, (its MAC based), and then assigns the
internal phone an IP for this call, and says, "phone one, meet phone
two, you two talk, I'm outta here"

So I would need to set up mapping for any internal IP's I would assign
to external IP's we have available.

I can't put the phone system outside the firewall, because we use one
wire to connect the phone to the network, then connect the desktop to
the phone.
The gateways would have to be different.

I need to be able to define my own server publishing protocols, which
does not seem to be possible.

Jeff Sloan
Network Administrator
Cross Oil Refining & Marketing, Inc.