RE: How to Set up an ISA Server with a Cable Modem Connection

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:48:33 -0800

> Now, I have got a cable modem connection with an IP address and I would
> like to know how to configure this in ISA server. ( this will be used in
> windows machines with firewall client )
>
> Also dialup connection I would like to use for Linux clients as they use
> the web proxy service on ISA.

ISA server will only allow one connection to the Internet. Sounds like you
want one group, (Linux) to access the Internet via the dial-up line and
everything else via the Cable modem. Can not be done through ISA. However,
there are 3rd party products that you can look at for this.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.
Fullerton, CA  92835