RE: How to Lock down Real Player or Real One

  • From: Paul Berg <frogman1370@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:37:03 -0700 (PDT)

Many Thanks, Dr. Shinder!  I'll try to do the lock down with the Site and
Content Rules with the Protocol Rules.  Probably best to look into SuperScout
then to ease the frustration of keeping up with the latest streaming video
sites.

Thanks again,
Paul
 Thomas W Shinder wrote:

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi Paul,

You can lock down by site, or protocol. But the player can also use HTTP. So,
you?d have to block HTTP for those users, which wouldn?t work very well.

Only solution is to use the Firewall client and use the technique I describe in
my article on blocking dangerous applications over at www.isaserver.org/shinder
You?ll have to couple this with a strong network usage policy. Users shouldn?t
be able to install software, anyhow!

HTH,

Tom

Thomas W Shinder