How to Force SSL Encryption for an Outlook Web Access 2003

  • From: "Lloyd Wheeler" <Lloyd.Wheeler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:02:17 -0600

I have a problem with OWA on Exchange 2003.  We have been running
Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 server with IIS5 as our front-end server
for Exchange.  We had the solution recommended in Microsoft Knowledge
Base Article - 279681 to create an owahttps.asp file and use it to
redirect http:// request to https://.  We recently received and new
server to replace our existing front-end server.  The new server has
Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 server with IIS6.  When we try to
use owahttps.asp to redirect http request we get an "The specified
request cannot be executed from current Application Pool" error message.
Anyone experienced this or know a work around.  I assume it is because
OWA uses application pools for IIS6, but I haven't been able to find
anything that addresses how to customize the application pool.

Thanks,

Lloyd Wheeler

Helmerich & Payne, Inc.

Lloyd.Wheeler@xxxxxxxxx