Re: How I spent my Christmas vacation - Email found in subject

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:01:07 -0500

On 1/3/06, Thomas W Shinder <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Aha!
>
> You make several errors:

That's funny... isaserver.org only accepts email sent to recipients
that exist!  Who's side are you on? :)

[...]

Thomas, you are set on your ways, but the intelligent people on this
list will extract useful information (from your config and mine) for
their environments.

The primary flaw with your configuration is that we all don't have the
time to personally inform legitimate and spoofed senders that "there
email was accepted and sent to the correct address" or "there email
was accepted but was sent to the wrong address, so please send it
again, but if you get it wrong again, I will have to keep on telling
you because my mail server accepts all email regardless".

And in the real world, I cannot think of many businesses that can
justify paying an email administrator to personally inform legitimate
and spoofed senders whether or not their email was sent to the correct
address.

If you consider this an argument that you won, then you must like
losing more than 50% of the time :)

...D