Re: How I spent my Christmas vacation - Email found in subject

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:05:18 -0500

On 1/3/06, Joseph Danielsen <JDanielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dan:
>
> In my case, I do filter Recp not in AD, but I read GFI's manual which
> suggested that sending the NDR to spammers would simply convince them to
> take the email address off of their list. Even IF that were true (and
> it's not) the cost was too high.

1) Do not *send* (this means a new message; I am not referring to
rejecting the email in the original SMTP conversation [that should be
your goal]) NDR's to anyone outside of your domain/organization
2) Do not accept email sent to recipients that do not exist!
3) Do not send email to spammers

> It seems as though I stopped making changes like that about the same
> time I stopped eating pills found on the ground...just to see what
> they'd do to me :)
>
> > Please don't beat me up on this one <

Google: email backscatter

...D