Re: Hotfixes - Remote Admin

  • From: "Hugo Caye" <Hugo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:26:50 -0300

Jim and list,

Do you remember that I had a problem editing the SMTP Filter properties
remotely? Only the "Users/Domains" tab could be remotely edited. All the other
ones (Attachments, Keywords, SMTP Commands) were unavailable. A series of red
crosses over the itens, that could not be changed (edited, changed the order,
deleted, etc.). Something like what you can see in the attached files.

I tried to apply isahf56.exe in the remote workstation, because it repairs a
problem editing these properties in the Server, corrupting them. Yes, I know
that ISA hotfixes shoul be applied only in the server not in the remote
worksation, but I tried. Obviously that appeared a dialog box with an error
with a nonsense into it.

What I did: Closed the MMC ISA Mgmt utility, renamed SMTPFADM.DLL and
SMTPFLTR.DLL and copied these newer files from the ISA server. These DLLs were
updated when isahf56.exe is applied. Guess? Worked fine! What I have to to,
laugh or cry?

Ah, after playing around a lot, I discovered a manner to remove the corrupted
SMTP items that can appear if you don't have the hotfix applied. It's easier
than we can think.

Regards,

Hugo