RE: Help with Mcafee Problem

  • From: "Mark Hippenstiel" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:38:11 +0200

Greg,

We have a win 2k server doing the download job, and all of the
workstations collect their updates from that server via UNC paths.

The server is not running the firewall client software, but instead is a
secure NAT client. ISA has no special packet filters, only a protocol
rule that allows "internet" access for the range of server ips via a
client address set, the access rule including "ftp" and "ftp download
only" protocols.

In NetShield, the automatic update is configured to use a proxy, in the
settings box I entered "http://myproxy.name.net"; port 8080.

Runs all very nice and smoothly.

Hope this helps
Mark