Re: Help Required

  • From: "Mo Raziq" <Mo.Raziq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:48:25 +0000

If your external nic is probabily configured as a dhcp client.  The card
is receiving a dhcp address, but later on cannot renew the address
because ISA is blocking DHCP acknowledge packets.

The best way to resolve this problem is to give your external card a
static IP address.

Mo Raziq
Technical Support
mo.raziq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IT Networks Limited
19 - 21 High Street
Coleshill
Birmingham
B46 1AY

Tel: +44 (0) 870 161 6611
Fax: +44 (0) 870 161 6622
Web: www.itnetworks.co.uk
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of IT Networks Ltd.
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed
to our clients or suppliers, any opinions or advice contained in
this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in
the governing engagement letter or contract.

IT Networks Ltd helpdesk by phone on +44 (0) 870 161 6611.

>>> athithi74@xxxxxxxxx 12/03/2003 11:39:08 >>>
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi Tom!
        I am facing a problem with ISA Server.

        First I will tell you about my network
infrastructure.

We are using a lease line connection to connect to
Internet.For that we are using Cisco 1751 series
router with NAT configured.

I installed ISA Server on a windows 2000 server
machine and configured ISA Server for safe internet
connectivity.When I tried to connect to the internet
through ISA Server,it works fine for a short period of
time.After that I am getting the following error in
Internet Explorer:

        Cannot find the Server or DNS Error.

I tried changing the public IP of the external
interface of the ISA Server,I am facing the same
problem.

Some people says that I need to remove NAT from the
router and let windows 2000 machine to do NAT.

Is it correct?Or what can I do to overcome this
problem?

Best Regards,
Sri.

$subst('Email.Unsub')