Re: Help!!! Problems with Web Proxy/Firewall Client s Authentication

  • From: Hugh.Roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 19:38:31 +0200

I have exactly the same issue but with 2 Site and Content Rules. 1st rule
for a group of users allowed to any URL. 2nd rule for a group of users
allowed only to a list of URLs approved by management.

I applied the reg fix mentioned
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q297/3/24.ASP as once you
run hf68 ( I think ) for ISA is uodates the w3proxy.dll to the required
version mentioned and all is working well now. ( b.t.w all users IE 5.5 and
up as web proxy clients on a 2k domain )

BUT ...

here is my problem the limited user group can't get to HTTPS URLs although
they are allowed by protocol rules, site and content and destination sets.
The ISA server is chaining to an upstream ISA server that accepts any
connection ( downstream - auth by domain groups ---> upstream any
connection, destination or protocol with firewall chaining and default
routing rule pointing at upstream ISA)

Any assistance will help

Thanks