Re: Help!! Its very important.

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:45:59 -0700

Inline...

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, 2K), A+, Network+, PCG

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arsalan Ahmad" <us97013@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 10:32
Subject: [isalist] Help!! Its very important.

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi all,

I have recently configure a ISA server on win2000
server. Its the only server in my local network. Right
now i have some problems and also some questions to
ask:

1. My clients are unable to open those web pages
containing java applets. What should i do to enable
this feature?

* unless the applets are making Winsock calls, it shouldn't be an issue

2. I am using dial up connection to an ISP to provide
my clients internet access. If suppose my ISP gives me
some proxy setting then where should i configure it in
ISA server?

* put the ISP proxy settings in the ISA MMC Network Configuration, Default
routing rule.

3. Some applications (like navstar, morpheous etc)uses
socks 5 setting which requires user id and password.
How can i use these applications? Here i would like to
mention that my users are successfully using MSN
messenger with socks 4 proxy. But i dont know how to
configure applications requiring only socks 5.

* there is no SOCKS5 for ISA without a third-part app.

Waiting for your replies.

Thanks,

Arsalan.