Help!! Authentication Question??

  • From: "Elvin Chong" <elvin.chong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 01:54:21 -0600

I'm fresh in ISA please help me solve the below problem.
Currently i set the Outgoing web request to Basic and Integrated mode and
checked Ask Anauthenticated user for identification. The LAT is set
properly for all the internal IP address range.

The Question is:
I create one client set for this particular IP Adress A and set the
protocol rules to allow All Protocol for this IP Addr A and create IP
packet filters for Allow outbound request to HTTP (setting: Filter type
tab->Custom->TCP->Direction=outbound->local port=Dynamic->remote
port=fixed->remote port number=25 and local computer addr=IP Addr A)for
this IP Addr A.

When this client does not set any proxy setting(include automatic proxy
setting is unchecked) for its IE5 and above version, thus it allow to
access the internet?? Any idea to avoid pass through the authentication
and allow access to the web site?

When i does not set the proxy setting, the IE5 will display err
407-forbidden.

Thanks!