Has anyone successfully restored the ISA Monitoring/Alert functionality

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:00:02 -0000

Has anyone successfully restored the ISA Monitoring/Alert functionality
after installing pcAnywhere? One of the admins (you know the one, "it
wasn't me"), installed pcAnywhere 10.5 on the 3 Isa servers in one of my
client site arrays. I've uninstalled it but every time I try to open the
Alerts folder in the ISA console an error box still pops up telling me I
don't have the necessary permissions. I've had a look at Symantec's
site, not a lot there, and also mailed them and the answer I got back
was that they know about the problem, but haven't a clue on how to
restore the original functionality. I've also played with the dcom
config without any success.

Any ideas anyone???.......rebuilding is out of the question...Client
won't pay..:((

Steve

Steve Moffat
7 Boss's Cove Road
Pembroke
HM01
Bermuda

Tel: 0141 586 5296 292 8240
Fax: 0141 586 5296 292 0455

or used by any person other than isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

unlawful. Optimum Computer Solutions disclaims any liability for any action
taken in connection of this E-Mail. The comments or statements expressed in
this E-Mail are not necessarily those of Optimum Computer Solutions or its
subsidiaries or affiliates.

usermanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx