[isalist] HTTPS Connection Failure

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <Ray.Dzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 19:39:18 -0700

Hi all,

Time for my bi-monthly head scratcher...

On Friday of last week we suddenly lost https through Secure NAT.  If we
configure the clients to use proxy, then HTTPS works fine.  Otherwise
Internet explorer just keeps spinning and never connects.  A couple of
hints are that if you try to go to an https site, you almost instantly
get a "The page cannot be displayed".  This is with "friendly error
messages" turned off.  OWA's https works internally and externally.
Digging through the logs, the only thing I see for the connection is
"failure" with no other explination.  There is nothing in the event log.
Nobody is owning up to having "touched" anything.

It is seriously as if Secure NAT is not even listening for HTTPS
connections.

Any takers?