RE: HTTP Sites

  • From: "Scheele, Brian" <bscheele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:22:06 -0400

I believe that they are ad websites.  These usually appear on websites as
banner ads or something.  Your users are not actually going to that site, it
is just that they happen to be a part of a lot of web pages.  Go to a
website like yahoo.com or aol.com or some other popular start page and hover
your mouse over various ads and other links and you will see on your status
bar that some of them go to the akamai.net sites.

Thanks,

Brian K. Scheele
Systems Administrator
Clark Filter