HTTP Redirector that rejects all HTTP traffic

  • From: "Kincer, Rick" <Rick_Kincer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List] (E-mail)'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:50:21 -0500

Hello,

We have ISA Enterprise edition in Integrated mode in an NT environment being
load balanced with RainWall.

I have the HTTP Redirector disabled because I want to monitor, log and
control Internet access, but in doing so I noticed that the Firewall clients
can still access HTTP, I want to force them to be Web Clients and allow
firewall clients to be used for FTP, RA and other apps. There is a setting
in the HTTP Redirector that rejects all HTTP traffic,

My question is: If I enable the Redirector and select the Reject HTTP
selection will I still be able to log, monitor and using Site and Content
Rules control the access of those using the Firewall Client?

Will enabling this bypass the control?

Won't they be forced to be a Web Client and the Firewall client will only be
used for other apps?

I enabled the Redirector once before and our Citrix ICA clients stopped
working.

Thanks for all your help!

Rick