RE: Guys Need Proffesional to help and especially Mr Shnider

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 16:38:27 -0500

Hi Georges,

No problem, its just a "sore point" for me. You didn't do anything
wrong, so don't worry about it!

So, the client and server as internal network clients, which means that
both of them should be on the LAT. So, when the client attempts to
connect to the server, the should completely bypass the firewall client
software, because anything on the LAT does NOT go through the firewall
client. However, Oracle is definitely "non-compliant" (med-speak) and
they'll go out of their way to make life difficult :-)

I would start with a packet sniff on the client and serve and see if
anything looks interesting. Then, based on those findings, I would take
it to PSS, as I suspect they wouldn't mind giving Oracle a black eye. I
know I wouldn't :)

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder