Grc love

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 20:51:59 +1000

I thought this was hilarious. A "hypothetical" port probe from our mate
over at grc.com turns up that port 25 is open. OMG, What will I do :)
but the description cracked me up:

Since it is more likely that you may have an open SMTP, SPAM-relaying
proxy running on your system, than a real SMTP server, this is something
you'll want to look into immediately. Spammers routinely use such open
proxies to relay their content, so you probably don't want to be aiding
them, nor to have your IP address associated with their activities.

You may provide your IP address (as shown above) to this site
http://www.abuse.net/relay.html to have them safely check your system's
port 25 for use as an open SMTP eMail forwarding proxy.

Am I in danger? Will the world end due to one big email virus, caused by
me? I think I you read Revelations carefully you will finf several
references to me, spooky? Hell yeah :P