Google Desktop

  • From: <tim.altena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:02:13 -0500

I have a few users that use the Google. Desktop.  They have been having
trouble since the installation of the ISA firewall client software.
When they attempted a desktop search they would get an error page from
the ISA server.  I noticed that the page that was trying to be displayed
was http://127.0.0.1:4664/&s=SAxQWfx1T0BbL4be89JXn6JNmAM so I went to
the ISA server and told it to access 127.0.0.1 directly.  After doing
this and refreshing the ISA firewall client everything seems to work
fine.

My question is, I do not see anywhere that adding the loopback address
to direct access should be done.  You would think that this would be run
into more often and that it might even be a preferred configuration.

Can any of you see a problem with putting it in there?

Tim