Getting Terrarium to work behind ISA

  • From: bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 03:14:37 -0700

Hi
Has anyone managed to get the Terrarium .Net project working behind ISA
using NAT?
The Terrarium FAQ says:
The .NET Terrarium will run if you are behind a network address translator
and it will be able to connect to the discovery server but it will not be
able to receive creatures from other peers. This is because the peers
cannot directly access a machine that is behind a NAT without making a
configuration change to the NAT.

To make the necessary configuration change, right click on the Terrarium
screen and select "Game Settings.", click on the "Server" tab on the
screen that comes up and check "Enable Nat/Firewall support". You need to
modify the NAT device to map the TCP port 50000 on the device to port
50000 on the machine that is running the .NET Terrarium. The steps
involved in mapping the port will vary depending on what type of NAT is
being used. Check your NAT device documentation for information on how to
map ports from the NAT to a private internal machine.

Now can someone please tell me what I need to do on ISA in order to comply
with the FAQ?
I have tried the following:
1) Created a Terrarium inbound protocol with TCP inbound on port 50000 and
secondary port as TCP 50000 outbound
2) Created a Terrarium outbound protocol with TCP outbound on port 50000
and secondary port as TCP 50000 inbound
3) Created a server mapping from the outside IP address of my ISA server
to the internal machine using the Terrarium inbound protocol

It still doesn't work.

Could someone help please?

Thanks in advance
Bernard