RE: Getting IP address asign by DHCP

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:28:04 -0500

One word of warning on this, we've had a lot of problems with some of
the Linksys routers.  Numerous phone conversations with Linksys tech
support hinted that the problem was a design flaw where the internal MAC
database would overflow and cause the router to basically freeze.
Didn't work in high-traffic areas very well, but when I brought it home
(in a low-traffic environment) it seemed to work flawlessly.

They might have resolved this since Cisco bought them out, but it's a
good thing to keep in mind.  In my opinion, I'd never rely upon a
product intended for home use in a professional system, they usually
aren't robust enough.