RE: General Security Question

  • From: "Steven Sporen" <sporens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:04:50 +0200

Data sent to the SQL server hosted on the net is unencrypted. Including
your username and password. I would suggest configuring a VPN connection
or a secure tunnel.

There was also talk about a SQL worm which exploited the administrator
account with "sa" no password.

And there's a couple of buffer overflow problems related to in this case
to SQL 2000.
http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/277670

Hope this helps

  Regards