RE: General ISA questions?

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:30:52 -0700

1. Microsoft ISA server 2004 has received the highest level rating of Common
Criteria possible. What other firewall can say that? Of all the other
firewall manufacturers, only 6 other vendors can say that.
http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/techinfo/deployment/commoncrit.mspx

2. ISA server is application aware. How many other firewalls are application
aware on the range that ISA server is?

3. Since ISA server is a firewall, and since best practice is always to have
the firewall by it self, ISA "MUST" be installed on its own server with
nothing else on it (except for software to work in conjunction with ISA such
as web filters) SBS not withstanding.

John T
eServices For You