RE: Gateway to other side

  • From: "Sergio Blum" <sergio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:40:47 -0300

Tanks a lot! I'll try it!

>>> phillh@xxxxxxx 20/12/2003 19:25:02 >>>
http://www.ISAserver.org

Oh Yes you can, if you do this :
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311777
Mainly meant to be used with NLB but as far as I know can be used
standalone. It changes the source address of the packet to the
firewalls
internal IP so packets go back out through the non-default gateway
firewall.
Only downside, especially for a web server is that all traffic is
logged as
coming from the firewall.

> Further, proper firewall configuration does not allow a session to
be
> started on one and completed on another

That wasn't what the guy asked, he means, stuff coming in thru firewall
goes back out firewall a, same for firewall b. So to achieve this, you
would
simply put the above registry change ONLY on the second firewall, i.e.
the
one that is NOT the default gateway.

Phill