RE: Gateway to other side

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:03:04 -0800

When a computer receives a request packet from outside the local network, as
configured by the netmask on the NIC, it will send the response via the
gateway the NIC has.

Further, proper firewall configuration does not allow a session to be
started on one and completed on another, unless the 2 are working together
like in an array.

So, the answer is, no, will not work.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner