[isalist] Re: Fwd: ISA 2004, IE 6.0 or HTML Error?

  • From: "Edgardo Balansay" <balansay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:43:40 -0700

Hello,

Thanks for your assistance!  Although this error was only apparant
when ISA 2004 SE was involved (bypassing ISA, error was gone); it
turns out once again that it wasn't an ISA issue :). (partially i
suppose)

From our webmaster:

---------------------
"I had to create a temporary directory for the "cookies" to be written,
create and upload a php.ini file to the root directory, and make some
adjustments to it based on these pages from C&C:

http://www.washington.edu/computing/web/publishing/php-modules.html
http://www.washington.edu/computing/web/publishing/php-ini.html#session.save
_path

Glad it's working!! Heather --------------------

Thanks all, goodbye!
Edgardo

On 10/13/06, Amy Babinchak <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Connection limit exceeded perhaps?

Amy Babinchak

From: Edgardo Balansay <balansay@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Oct 12, 2006 11:59 AM
Subject: ISA 2004, IE 6.0 or HTML Error?
To: isalist <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello everyone!

Our config:  ISA 2004 SE SP1 -- users configured as Firewall Client,
Web Proxy, (some Secure NAT). Internet Explorer 6.0 on WinXP SP2 with
latest updates.

Scenerio:
There is a site, "http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb"; which
currently requires the user to log in to view the site by redirecting
to "https://weblogin.washington.edu/"; after successful logging in, the
page is redirected back to "https://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/";.
In this site there is an 'administrative' area that *also* requires
the user to log in with different credentials.

Issue:
After logging in successfully to the first site (using SSL), the 2nd
site that requires the user to log on(no SSL), either 1) does not
accept the 2nd credentials or 2) accepts the 2nd credentials but after
a few hyperlink clicks, drops the 2nd users credentials, forcing the
user to enter the 2nd credentials again.  The 1st credentials never
are 'dropped' by IE.

We have tried:
1) Allowing 'anonymous' access to that site.
2) Configure 'direct access' for 'http://depts.washington.edu' (both
IP and DNS tried.)
3) Configure IEs, "Do not use proxy server for addresses beginning
with:"
4) Adding the site to 'trusted sites'

None have solved the problem of the 2nd site dropping the users
credentials except:
5) Bypass ISA and access site directly.

Comments or suggestions welcome! =)

Is there an issue with websites that require SSL to log in, and then
another non SSL log in page?  Is this just bad HTML on the 2nd site?
Perhaps this is solved with ISA SP2...or maybe we should purchase ISA
2006 =)  If this issue does not occur when ISA is bypassed, then ISA =
culprit?

Thanks!
Edgardo
ISA Server Articles and Tutorials: