[isalist] Re: FrankenPIX Project

  • From: "Troy Radtke" <TRadtke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 12:47:03 -0500

It's just a pc that boots off of a solid state disk drive that's an add
in card..... Not exactly the most high tech hardware.....
They've been around for at least 4 or 5 years since that's when I was
looking into buying a low end PIX and these just seem to pop up all over
the place.  To legally have the firmware on the card though I believe
you need to have a valid Cisco support contract.  Sort of like the box
of old Cisco firmware stick for all the routers I have sitting on my
desk, perfectly valid but can't use them because of licensing.....  If
you rubber band them in an "x" shape they make great thrown
anti-personal devices to defend in desk food stashes from other
employees.....