Forgot my OWA Private Certificate password

  • From: "Nabil, Ahmed" <anmahmou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 09:40:30 +0200

Dear All,

I followed the Tom Shinder series of publishing OWA 2003 with ISA server
2000 year ago. I was able to run OWA for the last year without any
problem.

I am planning to migrate/upgrade to a new box of ISA 2004. I copied the
OWA certificates (pfx) on the old ISA 2000 box, when I tried to
install/import them on the new ISA 2004 box, I was asked to provide the
password. It seems I forgot the password. I know this is really bad but
is there any way to overcome this problem. Can I reset the passwords
from the DC holding the Enterprise certificate?

I know it's almost possible to know or crack the password but is there
anyway to overcome this problem to finish my migration, can I issue new
certificate? What are the steps needed?

Any advice/help?

Thanks,

Ahmed

Disclaimer:
The Information contained in this transmission may be confidential
and legally privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender and delete
this transmission and all copies.
Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely by the author and not
necessarily those of PGESCo.
PGESCo is not responsible for any political, religious, racial or partisan
opinion
in any correspondence conducted by its domain users. Therefore, any such
opinion
expressed, whether explicitly or implicitly, in any said correspondence is not
to be interpreted as that of PGESCo.