Firewall client reacts badly with app

  • From: "Craig" <giarc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 04:57:47 -0700

Hi,

I am having a problem with an app that we use to get credit information on
new/existing clients.

The client app is trying to connect to a remote computer on port 8806.

Using SecureNAT (ie without firewall client enabled) I have no problems
connecting to the external host.

I assume then I have correctly setup my protocol rule for this connection.

As soon as I enable the firewall client, I do not get the desired
connection to the remote host.

After doing a network trace I found that with the Firewall client enabled
I am recieving "destination unreachable - packet needs to be fragmented
with no fragmentation set" ICMP message back from the ISA Server.

I have tried many different firewall client settings, NameResolution,
NameResolutionForLocalHost,BindRemotePort, and the only one that works is
disabled :) .

I would like to be able to use groups for acces to the Protocol Rules for
this application, so I need to get the firewall client to work with this.

I have tried editing the registry for the dial-up connection I use to gain
access to my ISP, setting EnablePMTUBHDetect and EnablePMTUDiscover to try
and combat the destination unreachable error but to no avail.

Hair loss is imminent.
Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

PS: I can supply network traces if needed.