[isalist] Firewall Settings

  • From: "Marc A. Mapplebeck" <MMapplebeck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 19:48:42 -0300

Hi everyone, I have somewhat of a stupid problem and need a fix for it. I do
not use WPAD on my network, however, I do use the firewall client on
machines. I need to deploy settings to all the client machines, so I added a
script to run FwcTool, usually it works fine, however, on certain machines,
when I try to run it, it locks the machine, no errors, nothing, nothing
logged to event logs either. I still need to deploy these settings, is there
a registry setting that I can use to force these settings? If not, I may
just have to resort to adding the install to the GUIUnattend portion of my
install script. Any suggestions or comments? And, before anybody asks, WPAD
is not an option, I had to disable it as a workaround for another problem.
Thanks - Marc

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
-"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act." - George Orwell, 1984
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Marc A. Mapplebeck, MCP/MCDST/N+/A+/CNA
Owner, Shutterbug Productions & Consulting
IT Manager, City Animal Hospital Ltd.
MCP#: 3146827
CompTIA#: COMP001002835054
MMapplebeck@xxxxxxxxxx
MMapplebeck@xxxxxxxxx
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
P: 506-471-7044
ICQ: 26743793
Yahoo!: mmapplebeck
MSN: mmapplebeck@xxxxxxxxxx
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
This e-mail communication (including any or all attachments) is intended
only for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail, any use, review, retransmission, distribution,
dissemination, copying, printing, or other use of, or taking of any action
in reliance upon this e-mail, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the original and
any copy of this e-mail and any printout thereof, immediately. Your
co-operation is appreciated.

Le présent courriel (y compris toute pièce jointe) s'adresse uniquement à
son destinataire, qu'il soit une personne ou un organisme, et pourrait
comporter des renseignements privilégiés ou confidentiels. Si vous n'êtes
pas le destinataire du courriel, il est interdit d'utiliser, de revoir, de
retransmettre, de distribuer, de disséminer, de copier ou d'imprimer ce
courriel, d'agir en vous y fiant ou de vous en servir de toute autre façon.
Si vous avez reçu le présent courriel par erreur, prière de communiquer avec
l'expéditeur et d'éliminer l'original du courriel, ainsi que toute copie
électronique ou imprimée de celui-ci, immédiatement. Nous sommes
reconnaissants de votre collaboration.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Mapplebeck;Marc;A.;Owner
FN:Marc A. Mapplebeck
ORG:Shutterbug Productions & Consulting;Management
TITLE:Owner
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+1 (506) 471-7044
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+1 (506) 471-7044
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+1 (506) 471-7044
TEL;CAR;VOICE:+1 (506) 471-7044
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;P.O. Box 3005 Stn. B=0D=0AC/O Shutterbug
Productions & Consulting;Frederic=
ton;New Brunswick;E3A 5G8;Canada
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:P.O. Box 3005 Stn. B=0D=0AC/O Shutterbug
Productions & Consulting=0D=0AFrede=
ricton, New Brunswick E3A 5G8=0D=0ACanada
ADR;HOME:;;1-55 Kingsley Court;Fredericton;New Brunswick;E3A 5A3;Canada
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:1-55 Kingsley Court=0D=0AFredericton, New
Brunswick E3A 5A3=0D=0ACanada
URL;WORK:http://www.shutterbugproductions.ca
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:MMapplebeck@xxxxxxxxxx
REV:20060317T192248Z