Firewall Service problems

  • From: "Spencer Read" <spencer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:13:39 -0000

Dear All,

I have recently discovered a problem with my firewall service.
It blocks all network traffic on the external interface, using 60-100%
of the CPU.

If I stop the service, everything returns to normal (processor and
network traffic), and when I restart it the problem appears again.

I have Win2K Server with SP3, ISA server with SP1, no SQL, Exchange and
a virus scan comes up negative.

Nothing has changed in weeks and this has started happening!
There are no indications of port scan/hack/anything weird happening, and
Technet online tells me to install SP1.

Can anyone give me any further information on the problem :)

...Spence