Firewall Client Install Failure!

  • From: "Craft, Steve" <SCraft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:50:47 -0400

This is the 6th firewall client install failure, so there must be something
I am not doing right.

I did a vanilla install of Win2K, applied SP3, and ran the Firewall Client
install.  The install proceeds normally, and then when the Status displays
"Publishing product information", I get this error: "Failes to copy
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Firewall Client\internal_setup\setup_a.ini to
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Firewall Client\internal_setup\setup.ini Internal
Error: 0x5".

I looked through the MSKB and thought it might be long filenames, so instead
of the default location I changed the install to c:\winnt\fwc, got the same
error.

Maybe my FWC install files are corrupted, can anyone zip them and make them
available so I can try theirs?  What else could it be?  This hasn't happened
on any "older" servers (those I have done in the past year), but it has on
the last 6 so I am stuck with them being SNAT clients, but I really need the
firepower of the Firewall Client.

Help!