RE: Filtering on VPN tunnels?

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 22:10:18 -0500

Hi Tiago,

Tunnel traffic is only inspected when the ISA Server establishes a VPN
client link to a VPN server, not when the ISA Server is implemented as a
VPN gateway. The VPN connection client connection from the ISA Server is
very unusual, which I think is done for some bastardized versions of DSL
connections to local ISPs. Not sure what other reasons you would have a
VPN client connection from the ISA Server to a VPN Server for.

HTH,
Tom
Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder