Re: Feature Pack 1 RELEASED!

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:42:49 -0600

Hi Tim,

Use the one that fits your needs. Works the same as URLScan when its
installed on the Web server itself, except that settings on the ISA
Server apply to *all* published servers. This might be a bit of
challenge if you're publishing OWA, FP, and whatever other types of
servers you want to publish, all requiring different URLScan.ini
configs.

The first thing I need to do is see if there are any differences between
the OWA settings for the ISA URLScan.ini and what we use when we install
it on the Web server. The next test is to determine whether we can the
settings for the various server roles into a single URLScan.ini file
(OWA, FP, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, etc) and use that. However, I
suspect if you have a wide array of server roles that you need to
support, you're best off configuring URLScan on each Web server.

Would like to hear conflicting opinions, though :-)

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder