Fail to install ISA

  • From: "ctu" <ctu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:09:22 -0400

HI, All:

I fail to install ISA for a couple of time. It alway cannot start ISA
server control service. I am installing ISA as stand alone, integrate
mode in a Win2k member server. There is another ISA server in my domain,
but I didn't make it as array I am fresh new installation of Win2k
server. I repeat 4 times with different way, it always get the same
error. Here is the message in event viewer, pls help:

Carson

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID:       7023
Date:           10/26/2001
Time:           9:49:19 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       DEER
The Microsoft ISA Server Control service terminated with the following
error:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Microsoft ISA Server Control
Event Category: None
Event ID:       11000
Date:           10/26/2001
Time:           9:54:19 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       DEER
Microsoft ISA Server Control failed to start. The failure occurred
during Alert Service storage reading because the configuration property
of the key
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fpc\Arrays\{E759AD72-EC8B-4B64-8E44-A4713F9D0C9F}\Ale
rts\{3BFBE466-54FF-42d6-B52D-59E0C6D19036}\Alert-Actions could not be
accessed. Use the source location 2.546.3.0.1200.50 to report the
failure. The error code in the Data area of the event properties
indicates the cause of the failure. For more information about this
event, see ISA Server Help. The error description is: The system cannot
find the file specified.

Data:
0000: 02 00 00 00               ....