RE: FW: WinXP SP1, Outlook 2000, and ISA

  • From: "Friese, Casey" <cfriese@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:20:05 -0500

Rich,

In our world there's 2 ways of doing things, The Microsoft way or the real
world way.  Not everyone can afford to go out and by the required resources and
to be honest, I think it's a rediculous idea to buy 2 servers to support one
function - email - especially in your size environment.

Honestly,  If plausible, just bring your Exchange server to an inside DMZ or
internally altogether and use ISA's server publishing rules.  This still isn't
the idea soultion but it's far more secure than your current setup.