FW: [WIN2000now] Windows 2000 & Exchange 5.5 OWA

  • From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:27:48 -0500

Here's a great response to a question asked on our WIN2000now mailing
From: "Castillo, Angel" <angel.castillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Win2000 List (Win2000 List)" <WIN2000now@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [WIN2000now] Windows 2000 & Exchange 5.5 OWA
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 12:45:20 -0500

I know this may be considered a little off topic but other Exchange
specific
resources are not helping much.  I would appreciate anyone's help or
refer
me to a good resource to find this problem out.

I've installed/configured a new Exchange 5.5 SP4 server running on a
Windows
2000 Advanced Server successfully.  What I'm trying to do is give our
users
a more user friendly way of accessing their e-mail from remote locations
via
the browser using OWA (Outlook Web Access).  If they type
http://servername/exchange <http://servername/exchange>  they will get
to it
just fine since this is the default way.

What I'm trying to do is get them to go to a URL such as:
http://mail.domain.com <http://mail.domain.com>  that will take them to
the
same OWA logon page.  My boss didn't want them to type the /exchange at
the
end of the URL, so he created another website, assigned it another IP
address (bind to the same NIC on server), created an A record pointing
the new IP address and it's still not working.

I've done this before successfully, but I'm not understanding why it's
not
working this time around.  If anyone could help me find this out even if
it
means utilizing the default web site created in IIS by Exchange I'll be
happy.  Hopefully, the users can do this without having to type
/exchange at
the end of the URL and just type:  mail.domain.com

Again, any help is appreciated.

Thank you for participating in the WIN2000now mailing list. ISA Server
is taking over! Be sure to get up to speed with Tom and Deb's new book
"Configuring ISA Server 2000: Building Firewalls with Windows 2000".
Thanks!

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/